Area Sales Vice President Sales - Verizon Jobs - New York, NY
Division: Sales & Marketing
City: New York, NY
Verizon Wireless required highly qualified and experienced Area Sales Vice President Sales in its New York office. Read full description and apply this job.
A highly motivated, self-directed individual committed to achieving sales results. This role calls for strong critical and analytical thinking, conflict management, financial management and creative deal-making skills. In addition, successful sales experience and a comfort level with C-level executives is required. This individual must possess the ability to lead and navigate across departments while developing and maintaining relationships. This individual is assigned to the region/segment/channel and is responsible for enabling sales strategies to meet customer needs through the execution and prioritization of the deal process in order to win profitable, large deals. The primary focus is to enable sales to obtain approvals that meet customer requirements while streamlining internal processes in an effort to secure new deals and retain existing customers profitably and expeditiously. In addition, this individual functions as the market intelligence expert for the business unit. The responsibilities include being the communications link between sales, client and PCM/Legal. They are responsible for the care and fostering of internal relationships enabling an effective deal process.
1. Proven Leadership in a Branch/Sales environment that contains Public Sector - Government and Education (K-12 and Higher Ed) customers. Needs to provide credibility and experience to achieve target levels of client/VES business engagement. Understands how to manage and motivate diverse behavior and provide guidance to create desired productivity results. Knowledge of our various resource teams, the roles they are responsible for, and how to engage them to work together to create productive results. Acts as the POC for deal escalations and interfaces with the necessary executive management to drive and close deal escalations to approvals. Ensures alignment of internal resources i.e. PCM, Legal, Pre-Sales Support and sales teams to make certain consistency and support are in place order to drive closure on large opportunities
2. Executive Relationship experience: Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience successfully developing C-level relationships with diverse customers. Understands how to create a strategic business plan that is mutually beneficial with Verizon and our customers, and how to put us in a position to partner with our customers for mutual success.
3. Industry Experience: Understands the technology industry and strategic solution selling. Works with all internal and external resources to identify and shape business issues and strategies and then drive overall solution definition and specification, utilizing and coordinating all specialist resources as needed, always ensuring the solution optimizes the clients objectives and business needs as well as those of VES and its partners as required. Technologies and Services: Consulting, solutions design, planning and delivery involving: • Wireless • Mobility/Machine to Machine • Data Center/Cloud Computing/Managed Services • Security • End-to-end communications and user experience service management • IP based communications and managed services • Out-tasking and outsourcing • Data and voice based WAN & LAN services.
4. Communication skills: Effective communicator and motivator; understands how to assess and develop talent. Excellent written, verbal and listening skills. Able to present at Executive levels and possesses exceptional organizational skills.
5. Financial Management: must understand how to manage a P&L and its components. Proven track record in forecasting sales and revenue. Utilizes strong financial management skills by evaluating sales opportunities, the associated pricing, margins and capital requirements for large opportunities within the business unit.
6. Decision Making: Leader has experience making independent decisions on high level issues that can include large financial ingredients (deals, settlements, salaries, etc.); personnel decisions; creative decisions (deal negotiations, programs and initiatives)
7. Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or Master’s degree.
8. Additional skills: Managing in a SFDC environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.