How to Use a Mobile Phone as a Car-tracking Device
Any Internet enabled cell phone can be converted into a tracking device by using a Global positioning system simply known as GPS. It can be done by giving the Cellphone to a person or placing it in a car and then you can use it through a tracking system to know where your children or employees are. You can do all this at a very affordable cost. You need to make sure that you use these systems only on smart phones and with cars you own. There is one more thing the person whose movements are to be monitored, should know about you using these systems. If you don’t do that it is against the law.
Few Things You Need
You need Internet mobile phone, weatherproof casing and GPS program.
Step by Step Guide
1. You need to have a mobile phone which should be capable of accessing the Internet. You can buy it from any online mobile store, in case you don’t already have one. The kind of mobile you need is easily available and it will cost you about one hundred dollars.
2. Signing up for an unlimited data plan with your mobile phone carrier is the next step. By doing this you will be able to keep the software on all the time without even worrying about the costs. This service costs about thirty five dollars, as of 2010.
3. You also have to choose a GPS program for this purpose. You can choose one of the three programs which are Instampaper, Google Maps and Mologogo. You can anyone of these programs without paying any thing and they can turn your smart phone into a tracking device. But you have to register for the service by providing your email address, phone number and user ID.
4. The program is to be installed on you cell phone. You will receive a download link through email and a text message. Download the application to your phone using the internet browser of you phone. You can install the application once you have agreed to the “Terms and Condition.” And then click on the “Next” button.
5. Go to the “Application Menu” on your phone and select the program to open up the GPS software. Once you do so, you get the notification that the phone is being tracked. By clicking on the “OK” button, you let the phone to be tracked.
6. If it is a car you want to track, place the phone in that car. If you want to track a person, the phone should be given to that person. Keeping track of children or an elderly person are the common tasks these types of systems are used to perform. This system can also be placed in a car you fear will be stolen. Make sure you don’t do anything that is against the law so the person who is being tracked must know that he is being tracked.
7. Navigate to the website you registered with and sign in. You should see a map, with a dot on it. The dot you see is actually your mobile phone and the car. In this way you are able to track the car wherever it goes. You can do this as long as it has signal. It offers information like its speed, altitude, longitude and direction. In addition the thirty day history can also be pulled up.
Nov 19, 2010 The phone will ask for your permission to access the GPS chip. gps, like on the original iphone when it tried to use ONLY cell phone towers
Sep 30, 2011 One potential covert use is GPS tracking. A GPS connection from a mobile phone can be used to pinpoint its location, and by extension, the